Friday, February 27, 2009

Music Film Art Culture Los Angeles The Zine Issue 1: Beautiful Americans

Well, I finally finished up the first issue of the Music Film Art Culture Los Angeles Zine which I will distribute anywhere and everywhere for free.

This issue is titled Beautiful Americans as I am feeling very optimistic these days despite growing financial pressures, wars, corruptions of just about everything. I had been going through my collection of books and decided that it would be a great time to create an assemblage of excerpts from a few of my favorites. The one theme that has always remained constant is birth/ creation through death/adversity. Too often, the best music, art, literature, cultural growth springs from the depths of human suffering; I think it would do us all a bit of good to remember that.

Here's a list of those movements and individuals who are included in this issue:

Allen Ginsberg

Aldo Leopold

Robert Thurman

Langston Hughes

American Blues

Arrica Rose

DJ Christine Renee

Gill Scott-Heron

Kenneth Anger

JJ Stratford

Harry Smith

Zora Neale-Hurston

Emma Goldman

Noam Chomsky

Winona LaDuke

Hip Hop

Mexican Americans

Punk Rock

ARP

Disco

If you happen to pick one of these zines up please feel free to leave a comment about it right here.

No comments: