Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Neil Diamond @ Hollywood Bowl October 1 & 2 2008


I know...I'm an in the closet Diamond fan. At least he's not a blood diamond.

Many years ago I went to one of my favorite old man bars in the middle of the afternoon. This bar was infamous for giving people the boot for transgressions like saying 'fuck' within ear shot of the bartender. So I walk in to what is normally a very busy bar on Jazz nights and see about five older gentleman sitting at the bar drinking their poison of choice. I walk up to the bar order a Jameson on the rocks and sit down next to a very nice man who chewed my ear off about his wife and their Hawaiian vacations. Very pleasant...

The juke box played on when suddenly Shilo begins...

The normally semi-unfriendly bartender walks over, stands directly in front of me (keep in mind he is standing behind the bar directly across from where I'm sitting), puts one leg up cowboy style and proceeds to belt out Shilo. It was awesome!!! My first and last serenade.

No comments: